Thursday, November 10, 2005

THE Org for the Biz

You know, I'm still pretty new to this kid illowriter gig. I've been a member of SCBWI for about 3 years now, but I'm just starting to really get super-serious about writing and submitting my work. I'm kind of mad that I missed this year's conference in L.A. I had so much fun there last year. I mean, who knew kid's writers and illustrators could get down at a party like that?! All partying aside, I had a chance to attend some really great workshops and speeches and rub elbows with others who loved what they do--published and unpublished, known and unknown. It was great.

On a local level, I'm a member of the Mid-Atlantic chapter. A recent trip to Europe really threw me off for the main L.A. conference and Mid-Atlantic's Fall conference this year--which I usually always go to. Last year I had a great critique w/Emma Dryden, now of McElderry. She really enjoyed my manuscript. That made me feel pretty good. SCBWI is a great organization if this is what you are interested in and trust me, it's worth it.

No comments: